By: Hudson, Rick
The southwest region of British Columbia offers a motherlode of unique rockhounding experiences for both amateur and more seasoned prospectors. This revised and expanded edition of Rick Hudson's bestseller "A Field Guide to Gold, Gemstone & Mineral Sites of British Columbia" opens up a whole new world of exploration within a day's drive of Vancouver.
Covering the area from Vancouver inland to Princeton, Merritt and Cache Creek, and as far up the coast as Whistler and Texada Island, this well-researched guidebook will teach you where to find some of the most sought-after minerals in the province. The Coast Mountains are a treasure trove of minerals and gemstones, from gold and jade to garnet and agate. Discover amethyst next to the road or find fossil trees over a metre long. Enjoy a day hunting for quartz crystals, thundereggs, malachite, garnet, marble or amber.
This comprehensive guidebook reveals a vast deposit of information including:
* Mining history and prospecting techniques
* Over 270 sites in southwestern British Columbia
* At-a-glance information on the types of minerals at each site and ease of access to them
* Colour photographs of sites and minerals
* More than 25 detailed maps, completely redrawn for this edition
* Over 100 site drawings
* Glossary of geological terms and a suggested reading list
* Lists of geological clubs and associations and map sources
* Clear explanation on how to use the Internet to learn about prospect sites
Title: Field Guide to Gold, Gemstone & Mineral Sites of British Columbia Vol. 2 Revised Edition: Sites within a Day's Drive of Vancouver, A
Edition: Revised Ed.
Publisher: Harbour Pub Co: 2006
ISBN Number: 1550173537
ISBN Number 13: 9781550173536
Binding: Trade Paperback
Book Condition: Fine
Seller ID: 141056
Description: Volume 2, revised ed. Book is as new, in excellent condition in every respect. Binding is solid and square, covers have sharp corners, exterior shows no blemishes, text/interior is clean and free of marking of any kind.